To reduce the risk of disease transmission, respect and observe the currently valid emergency and protective measures of the bodies of the Ministry of Health and other public health authorities. The description of disease prevention and transmission can be found here.
If you have been ordered home quarantine, you should stay at home / in dormitories and you should not go anywhere (not even for shopping or to the doctor). In case of health problems, it is necessary to contact a doctor or the appropriate hygiene station or contact 112, stating that you are in the ordered quarantine. If you can, use a supplier service for purchasing, if you do not have such an option, it is possible to leave home for the necessary time.
(MH CZ, 2020, https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/faq/)
Information on the test result will be given to you by your doctor or RHS, please wait. With a higher workload of laboratories or testing centres, the communication of the result may take longer, even several days. If you are in a home quarantine at the same time, continue to follow its rules.
If you have significant health problems (shortness of breath/difficulty breathing without cough, fever over 38 degrees, dry cough), call 155, and follow the operator's instructions.
(MH CZ, 2020, https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/faq/)
First of all, it is necessary to evaluate whether it was a risky contact! To do this, find out if you have been in contact with a person living in the same household as the Covid-19 patient, whether there has been physical contact (such as shaking hands) with the Covid-19 patient or unprotected direct contact with the Covid-19 patient's infectious secretions. It could also be personal contact, a stay in a closed environment (room, vehicle, waiting room) with a person with Covid-19 at a distance of less than 2 meters and for more than 15 minutes, or with a medical or social worker providing care for a patient with Covid-19 and so on.
If so, contact your general practitioner by phone and follow the quarantine.
(MH CZ, 2020, https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/ )
If you experience the first symptoms of Covid-19 (i.e. cough, fever, sore throat, headache, chills, loss of smell, etc.), you need to be examined to rule out or confirm this disease. Report this fact immediately to your healthcare provider by telephone or other remote access, outside office hours to medical emergency service, and follow their instructions. Information about the testing process can be found here.
If you are unable to attend classes due to a positive RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS COV-2 or due to quarantine or isolation regulations, report it immediately to the study administration office (in case of a foreigner to the international relations office) of the relevant faculty and submit a document confirming the reason for your absence. For other reasons for your absence, consult the teacher of the given subjects.
Stay at home / in the dormitories in isolation. Contact your general practitioner by phone and follow his or her instructions. Above all, keep calm. Inform acquaintances with whom you have come in contact in the last few days about your condition.
- If you have a positive RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS COV-2, report this fact by telephone or other remote access to the regional hygiene station, if you have not already done so.
- If you have a positive result of the RT_PCR test for the presence of SARS COV-2, immediately report this fact to CZU via the questionnaire,
- If you are a student, report this fact to the study administration office of your faculty via email (in case of a foreigner to the international relations office of the relevant faculty). If you are an employee, report this fact to your supervisor.
- You can also communicate this information to the Security Department via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for the entry of persons into the territory of the Czech Republic according to the protective measure of the Ministry of Health (valid from 24/08)
If you have returned from abroad, first check that the country you have visited is on the list of countries or parts of countries with a low risk of Covid-19 issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.. If so, please assess whether you have been in this or these countries for more than 12 hours in the last 14 days. If so, according to an emergency measure of the Ministry of Health, you are obliged to:
- Report this fact by telephone or other remote access to the regional hygiene station
- Report this fact to CZU via a questionnaire available
- Immediately undergo an RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS CoV-2 at one of the testing centres in the Czech Republic at your own expense and submit the result of this test to the study administration office (in case of a foreigner to the international relations office) of the relevant faculty. The employee submits the test result to his or her supervisor.
- Until you submit a negative RT_PCR test for the presence of SARS COV-2, you may not enter and move at any CZU premises, except for possible accommodation in dormitories in areas designated for persons in quarantine measures. Follow the quarantine.